Wednesday 23 November 2011

"Train Hard, Fight Easy!" (Gain, 2011)





"Train Hard, Fight Easy!", it is a new motto or trademark or words of motivation for me and my cute course-mate-neighbour-friend ( ^^ ). Before this, we often hear and live with the phrase "Study Hard and Study Smart!", however, today, we need a new turn, a new angle with a new atmosphere. I learnt this "Train Hard, Fight Easy" motto from my beloved spiritual brother and friend. It was when he gave me and my spiritual sister bookmarks. On my bookmark, he wrote, "Study Hard, Study Smart. Train Hard, Fight easy." The moment I saw it, "wow, this is totally new!" I never heard it before. Nonetheless, that time I didn't bother to ask him how did he come up with that phrase. Until the week of our Study Week, I took out the bookmark as I suddenly remembered the words of motivation. This time, it really carries meaning to me. I asked him where did he find the "Train Hard, Fight Easy". He said it is the VAT 69's (commando) motto. And I was like, wow! That is totally Rock! 






It is true indeed. When you really train yourself to focus on something and face all the hardships during the process, you'll find yourself to be at eased during the battle. You train yourself very hard so that at the end of the day you can fight easily and enthusiastically. As for "Study Hard,  Study Smart", it carries different meaning to me. "Study Hard" for me is when you train yourself to work hard from the beginning and the process is continuous; not only at certain period. "Study Hard" doesn't suit with working yourself out and burning the midnight oil or working until the wee hours of morning. it doesn't work that way; instead it is what we called as "Last Minute" or "Eleventh Hour". Last Minute determines that you couldn't manage your time well. Take for example, you are still holding and reading your thick reference book during your meals and the test is the next day. Is this showing that, "Oh, look, that girl is so hardworking!" For me, it is definitely not. I've been in this situation before and I came to realize it. I saw my friends (excellent students) never did what i did. Well, you can spot the difference between the style of an excellent student and a not-so-excellent student. Don't think that those who never (or seldom) carries books around is lazy or etc. Who knows it is the other way round. They don't maybe because they are well prepared. There is no need for them to read notes at 20 minutes before the exam start; they don't have to bring any books or notes to the exam hall. This is what I experienced when I was in Matric. Hmm...







As for "Study Smart", for me, you do that because it is at the eleventh hour; you have to do clever guess and all. If compare to the one that "Study Hard", this person learn a lot and the learning is not just for the sake of examination but for the sake of knowledge. As compared to the "Study Smart" person. What's the point if you only study for exam. Nevertheless, if you can do both Hard and Smart, that perhaps would give best result. ^^ Study to gain knowledge and at the same time prepare for the examination.



Well, we are called to Success. Everyone deserves it. It is us that create it, explore it and experience it. Success doesn't go along with luck or accident. 

"Genuine excellence and success is the outcome of attitude, talent, skill and hard work." ~ Anonymous

Genuine success gives us satisfaction. We come to a high position which is a meaningful life because we put our blood, sweat and tears to create success. In short, we must train ourselves and disciplined ourselves in order to have a meaningful life.


*Pictures from google image


allaboutlifeexperiences,
efijohn













No comments:

Post a Comment